The Laser is the abbreviation of “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation”, that is to say Amplification of Light by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. It is a system that produces a coherent and concentrated beam of light through electronic stimulation or molecular transmissions to lower energy levels in an active medium (solid, liquid or gaseous). When applied in the processing of materials, the laser engraver is verified that the high energy density of the Laser beam promotes the fusion and evaporation of these, in regions very localized as a function of the high thermal gradient generated.
Where is the laser engraver used?
Right now, it is possible to verify the application of the laser engraver in completely diversified areas, such as: Materials processing (welding, cutting, surface thermal treatment, machining and engraving) and dimensional control, medicine, dentistry, entertainment, telecommunications, etc.
In the Materials Processing industry the application of the laser engraver machine is present in the following markets:
- Assemblers and Auto parts
- Mechanical Transformation (Machinery, Equipment and Service Providers)
- Electro electronics
- Transportation (Road, Rail, Metro, Maritime, Air)
- Glass and Non-Metallic
What are the advantages of laser engraver machinefor the industry?
In fact, thelaser engraver machineis the most advanced technological process for thermal cutting, which has as main advantages:
- High precision
- Excellent quality of cut surface
- Minimum deformation levels, emissions of smoke and noise
- Minimum Thermally Affected Zone (ZTA)
- Extensive breathing (Kerf), reducing material loss
- High cutting speed
- Extremely versatile when processing an immense variety of materials
- Automated system that enables the cutting of complex geometric figures with 2D or 3D
Other advantages of using a laser engraver machine
In addition to these characteristics, the increasing technological evolution has made it possible in recent years to reduce the cost of initial investment in equipment and increase their power, thereby accrediting LASER CORE as an excellent option not only for an exclusively technical evaluation, in the case of processing of non-metallic materials, but also by a cost-benefit analysis for cutting metals. It is with this vision that the LASER CUT process becomes increasingly an emerging need in several companies, expanding on a large scale in the world scenario and particularly in Brazil. More details.
How effective is this process?
The efficiency of the laser engraver machine process is mainly related to:
- Quality of the positioning system and relative movement of the material set / cutting head
- Capacitating of operators and programmers
- Quality of gases used
- Quality of gas supply facilities
- Technical assistance
There are many offers of Laser Systems on the market and an evaluation of all the variables that influence the complex phenomena involved in this process is fundamental to obtain the desired results. Among the main variables, we can highlight:
- Type of material to be processed, its chemical composition and thickness
- Quality required for cutting and its geometry
- Production Scale
What kind of materials can be processed?
One of the main advantages of this process is its extreme versatility in processing different materials. The most commonly used are:
- Carbon Steel
- Galvanized Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Aluminum and alloys
- Plastics and Acrylics
- Rubber and Composites
- Paper, Leather and Fabrics
- Glass and Quartz